THE CHERRY MOBILE STORY:
How the New Player Changed The Game
Cherry Mobile’s astonishing rise to prominence has revolutionized the local telecommunications scene through its top-of-the-line and ground-breaking products. What started in 2009 as a mobile phone brand with only four units has swiftly overtaken its rivals in the entry-level market and is now considered a major player in the industry.
- Entered the market with its first set of handsets: D50 Inertia, M35 Integra, D20 Life, and S11 Blade together with first brand ambassador John Lloyd Cruz
- Won the 2010 IT Company of the Year at the 3rd CyberPress Awards
- Held the first Cherry Mobile Festival and the first Cherry Christmas
- Became the first local brand to release smartphones with the release of Magnum HD and Nova
- Unveiled Superion, the first android tablet in the country
- Released Windows Eclipse, the first dual-SIM smartphone
- Opened its first concept store in SM North EDSA
- Partnered with music giant Universal Music Group International and Star Records for the launch of Cherry Music
- Partnered with the world’s largest chipset maker Mediatek to produce feature phones
- Included Yahoo! Services into Cherry Mobile feature phones
- Opened flagship service center in SM North EDSA
- Launched WilFone endorsed by game show host Willie Revillame
- Unveiled Orbit, the first 3G Dual-SIM android smartphone in the country
- Released shock-proof phones R7 and R9 endorsed by brand ambassador Robin Padilla
- Unveiled Dual Core ng Bayan Flare and Titan
- Released Kiss phones, a set of lifestyle phones endorsed by brand ambassador Anne Curtis
- Launched multimedia phones with brand ambassador Sarah Geronimo along with the release of the Click na Click jingle
- Launched W900, the first local brand LTE smartphone
- Released U1 and U2, the first waterproof phones
- Released U3, with a radio receiver/push to talk
- Unveiled C9, a power bank phone
- Offered Quad-Core ng Bayan Flare 2.0, the most affordable quad core smartphone
- Launched the Omega series including Omega, Omega HD, and Omega Infinity in response to a public demand for phablets
- Positioned for a higher market segment with the launch of the Cosmos series, high-end but affordable premium devices with super AMOLED screens
- Catered to new markets in Thailand and Myanmar
- Opened the first concept store in Thailand
- Became the 2013 Top Selling Mobile Phone Brand as declared by technology news and reviews site Yugatech
- Awarded 2013 Most Outstanding Affordable Mobile Phone Brand by the National Consumers’ Choice Annual Awards for Business Excellence
- Entered exclusive local partnership with Microsoft to produce a series of Windows phones
- Launched gaming tablet Tegra Note 7 in the Philippines together with Nvidia
- Became the first local brand to offer Firefox operating system to users
- Released office/home devices, such as the Bluetooth alarm and speaker, android TV box, and the ultra on-the-go pocket Wi-Fi
- Released G1, a wearable phone and watch in one device
- Launched Octa-Core ng Bayan Flare S3
- Introduced Selfie, the first local brand self-centric smartphone with 13 MP front and back camera
- Became the only local brand to offer customized back covers in line with the ME Series that cater to the teen segment
- Partnered with Intel for the release of Alpha Morph and Alpha Play
- Received recognition with Alpha style heralded as the most affordable Windows phone in the world and Firefox Ace as the world’s most affordable smartphone in the world
- Received the 2014 Gadget of the Year award from Gadget Pilipinas for Windows Alpha Morph
- Garnered the Best Performance award from Hard Ware Magazine Multitest 2014 for Omega Infinity
- Partnered with Google for the Android One campaign which aims to provide quality, updated devices
- Became the first Filipino brand to announce product offerings at the Mobile World Congress
- Launched Flare X, the All-in-One Octa-Core Smartphone.
- Launched the first and exclusive online brand CUBIX.
- Introduced the newest addition to the expanding line-up of devices – the Alpha Prime
2009 marked Cherry Mobile’s commitment to become the top value-for-money mobile phone in the country. In its first year, Cosmic Technologies Inc. CEO Maynard Ngu envisioned Cherry Mobile to become the brand that has “Everything for Everyone,” providing handsets that cater to different age groups and match different lifestyles.
It was a dream that became a reality. So big it captivated the market and rocked its competitors - the telecommunications bigwigs. In 2010, barely two years after it started, Cherry Mobile was voted IT Company of the Year in the 3rd CyberPress Awards, upstaging some of the country’s technology giants.
The tagline “Values Your Lifestyle” is not only a promise to bring products that are comparable to high-end devices at reasonable prices, but also reflects the intention of the brand to serve the needs of its users. Starting from essential feature phones with true Dual SIM capabilities, the company has expanded its product range to entertainment-on-the-go TV and multimedia phones, and then eventually entered the smartphones segment for the tech savvy and smart social. Novelty is also consistent in the Cherry Mobile collection -- with either hip, stylish designs, or with product capabilities ranging from multiple SIM to shockproof, waterproof handheld devices. Now, users can even personalize their back covers with the ME phone series, another first in the market.
3rd CyberPress Awards
Cherry Mobile Services
is a marketplace/appstore that offers easy access to a variety of mobile applications which are 100% made by Filipino developers. To access, just click on the Pinoy AppShop Icon that you will find on your Cherry Android Phone and you’ll get to choose the app that you wish to download from the categeroies that will appear.
If you are a Filipino application developer who wants to showcase your app, sign-up now! Visit Pinoy Appshop website at http://apps.cherrymobile.ph/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
is an application that enables you to receive fun & interesting infotext services on your Cherry Mobile phone with ease. It keeps you updated of the latest news, coolest jokes, Lotto results, sweetest love quotes, horoscope guides and more. To subscribe, just click on the Fun Club Icon on your phone then choose from the categories that will appear on screen.
Cherry Play App Store
is a client-based application for Android phones that provides a listing of different categories comprising of different applications, rich media content and games which the users can avail.